Shopping in China
You can now shop in China duty free using your USA address. You should receive your order in about 15-20 days from the time that merchant ships in China to your home. Here’s how:
- Go to your favorite China Seller such as www.alibaba.com or www.ebay.com (China)
- Place your order on line with the Chinese Merchant
- Use your US Address assigned to you by CDF as your delivery address
- Ask the merchant to send you parcel via China Post’s ePacket service
- China Post has an agreement with the United States Postal Service (USPS) and you will usually get delivery to your USA Address by the USPS within 9 to 12 days using ePacket service. You must insist with the China merchant to send it ePacket, otherwise it may take 60-80 days to get parcel to you if it goes via regular service of China Post.
- The maximum weight you can ship via China Post ePacket is 2 kilos or 4.4 pounds.
- Your merchant should provide shipment tracking using China Post’s ePacket Service. You need to request China Post ePacket parcel tracking number.
- You can also get tracking from China Post Tracking Site: http://track-chinapost.com/
- The USPS will deliver to your US tax free address usually within 9 to 12 days depending on weather your order is in stock or if custom made such as a dress it may take longer.
- CDF will scan your parcel and you will be advised via email when CDF receives your parcel in Miami
- CDF will clear Mexican customs and usually deliver to your home in DF within 5 days from receipt in Miami. Other cities in Mexico within 5 to 7 days from receipt in Miami.
- Door to door transit times are subject to
- The China Merchant shipping time from placing your order
- China Post transit time to Miami via the USPS – usually 9 to 12 days
- Your payment of any IVA taxes that may be due if the value of your purchase is over US$300. Upon receipt of your purchase in Miami CDF will advise the amount of IVA due and you will be billed any customs taxes due (16% of value of merchandise over US$300.00)
- Customs clearance in Mexico – your package may be delayed if the merchant does not declare the correct purchase value. The china merchant must include an invoice in the parcel showing the accurate cost of your purchase.
You must request the China Merchant to send your parcel via China Post ePacket Service and when you place your order, you must enter your US Address we assigned to you as your delivery address:
- Your Name as you registered with CDF
- Your Suite No./CDF Account No.
- 7701 NW 15 Street
- Miami, Florida 33106-4800
Example of ePacket Shipping Pricing plus CDF Shipping Rates – estimated cost China to Mexico
China Post Published ePacket Rates Parcel Weight China-USA Cost USD USA-MEX Cost USD TOTAL Cost USD 1CNY= .15 USD Grams Lbs. Without IVA 100 0.220 $3.00 $15.70 $18.70 200 0.441 $4.50 $15.70 $20.20 300 0.661 $6.00 $16.50 $22.50 400 0.882 $9.00 $16.50 $24.00 500 1.10 $9.00 $16.50 $25.50 600 1.32 $10.50 $18.00 $28.50 700 1.54 $12.00 $18.00 $30.00 800 1.76 $13.15 $18.00 $31.50 900 1.98 $15.00 $18.00 $33.00 1,000 2.20 $16.50 $18.00 $34.50 1,500 3.31 $24.00 $20.75 $44.75 2,000 4.41 $31.50 $22.30 $53.80 2,500 5.51 $39.00 $25.00 $64.00 3,000 6.61 $46.50 $26.50 $73.00 3,500 7.72 $54.00 $29.25 $83.25 4,000 8.82 $61.50 $30.80 $92.30 4,400 9.70 $67.50 $33.50 $101.00